Saturday, July 9, 2011

Unpacking (boxes and stories) - by Hillary

SATURDAY, JULY 9, 2011

(by Hillary, from her blog "Beauty from Ashes" She is one of my amazing roommies!)

I can't stop smiling & laughing. (Good way to recover from the 10 mile run I did this morning as training for the Chicago Marathon w/ Team World Vision)
The boys upstairs are so lovable and want to be with us all the time. Today their mom Tina came down & chatted with us for a bit, that was so nice. I am really excited for the stories that are being shared as our lives are becoming intertwined, looking forward to our soul food party tomorrow night. This afternoon we let the boys play for a bit now that we knew Tina was comfortable with it. Then Gayle & I had to ask them to leave so we could unpack & organize. DeShaun went upstairs then down the backstairs & sat outside my window while I was unpacking. He kept saying 'I see you. Are you in there?'
Learning about boundaries, especially w/ DeShaun (the youngest boy who lives upstairs & is autistic) It will take time but Tina is so sweet & happy to share ideas with us. Thinking we will make a sign for the front & back doors, one side w/ a green circle & the other w/ a red circle. Go & stop.

We have a billy the bass fish that he LOVES! So every time he knocks on the door and comes in he goes straight for the fish to sing along to 'Dont worry, be happy' So precious!





I am really beginning to adore the three boys from upstairs- Johnathan, Eugene, & DeShaun. Eugene left this little message on the fridge the other day after helping me unpack our kitchen boxes.





Its amazing how much this feels like home already only after four days.
My sweet reading chair in the living room where I'll be spending time chatting, emailing, reading, & praying.




Hannah moves in tomorrow & Lauren gets back from a work trip- then we will all four officially be here to begin the journey.
Soul Food dinner Sunday night in the backyard to celebrate.

Thanks for reading whats on my mind. Come visit.
Peace be with you

No comments:

Post a Comment